On this page:
Sharing has the following features:
- Share by link
- Access expiration
- Sharing notes
- Sharing to multiple contacts
- Individual access control
Sharing from Dekko
- Select the file or folder to share, then press “Share”:
- The sharing menu will open:
- Should you wish to have the access for the file or folder to expire, enter an expiry date. If note is required enter one, and then enter the contacts to share the file with. Contacts must already exist in your contacts list to enable sharing.
- Each contact can be given upload rights individually. This means that they can upload a new version of a file for collaboration purposes, and changes will be shown in the access log. If you grant upload rights for a folder, the recipient can upload new versions of the contained files but not alter the folder’s structure in any way.`
- Press “Save”, and the sharing process is complete.
Sharing via link
The link presented when you share a file or folder is a link to the file or folder, not a link to access it. Access to that file is set in the sharing menu and you must add recipients to the share list for them to be able to access it via the link.
If you are sharing a file/folder with someone in a Circle who is not already a Dekko user, send an invite to them in the Circle. Once they have registered, which you will be notified of in your DekkoMAIL inbox, you can share the file/folder with them by link. This link can be shared over any channel securely, because unless the log in details of the users whom the file/folder is shared with is know, it can’t be accessed.
You can adjust individual access rights and sharing expiry at any time, and also stop sharing completely. To do this, select the shared file or folder and then press “Share”, then make the required changes in the sharing menu, then press “Save” to apply changes. To stop sharing of a file or folder completely, select it, and press “Stop sharing”.
You can upload a new version of a file at any time as the owner of a file or receiver of a file that you have upload rights to. To upload a new file version:
- Select the file, then press the menu button on the right, then press “Upload”:
- Navigate to the new file in your file browser. All upload activity will be listed in the access log.
The Access log shows:
- When a file was first shared
- When a file is downloaded
- When a file is updated
- Who initiated each event for all of the above
To view the access log, select the file in question, press the menu button on the right, and then press “Logs”: